Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lonliness vs. Aloneness


“The aloneness is total and complete. Not loneliness but aloneness. Loneliness is always concerned with others; aloneness is concerned with oneself.” -Osho
I am slowly learning the difference. Yes I would like a love of my own most days. A lover to have and to hold, to spoil, to sing to, to write to, to paint, one who inspires me. One to share things with, to cuddle, to give to, and learn from. 
However being alone is not a bad thing. The joy of being just yourself. It can be a very easy task to be there for others, but a difficult one to be alone. We are born alone, we live alone, and we will eventually leave this earth alone. Alone in the sense that at the end of the day, you will be with yourself. I have been my own worst enemy, and its time to become my own best friend. If I cannot be with myself comfortably, and love myself, I will be in no condition to comfortably be with someone else, and love that person to the best of my ability. For we hold expectations, and when they fall short, we are deeply disappointed. Love will not hold any expectations, it just is. And that is exactly what I aim to be. Just love. All I can do is be a person who loves and be loved in return. And that is my intent, to love, and love myself in return. In hopes that one day I will share my whole self with another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment